Mint.com > Planning
Mint.com made some changes today. The budgeting tool looks especially cool:
Welcome to Mint’s new Planning tool.
All your existing budgets are still here. We’ve added new features:
- Plan for regular and irregular expenses. Set a budget for monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, or even one-time expenses.
- “Rollover” your monthly budgets. Just like cellphone minutes, your extra cash or debt can carry over into next month’s budget.
- Budget for income. Add your paychecks and other recurring income.
- Budget for “everything else.” Some expenses don’t need individual budgets. Now you can budget for that entire group.
- See your previous budgets easily. To select a time range, click to select a month, or click + drag to select multiple months.
The home screen budget display is really cool, too. Rather than showing you each budget category, it just shows you how you’re doing overall and says “slow down” on things you’re overbudget on for the month.